Ten Commandments Award
Twice blessed in one week. I’m starting to feel like Sally Field:) Michele at “By His Grace,” http://byhisgrace211.wordpress.com gave me the Ten Commandments Award. I appreciate that you thought of me Michele. I’m having the greatest time getting to know the hearts of so many wonderful people through their gift of words. Michele’s was the first blog I followed back in early June. I’m blown away by her sincerity and love for the Lord. She’s transparent, mature and respected by her blogging brothers and sisters. Again, thank you Michele!! xx
As I read the Ten Commandments (listed below), I realized that had I not said yes to Jesus and stood before a holy God, I would have been clearing my throat a lot and shifting my weight. What I mean is that I have broken just about every commandment, with the exception of murder. Needless to say, I am eternally grateful that Jesus is Lord of my life…He is Lord over all of me. I also am grateful that I indeed love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and love my neighbor as myself…oh man….I try to love my neighbor as much and as well as possible…I’m a work in progress, and you’d give me grace if you knew some of my “neighbors!!”
The Ten Commandments Exodus 20:3-17. :
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make unto thee any graven image.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness.
10. You shall not covet.
RULES: Besides acknowledging the giver of this award and finding a home for the award on my page, I must answer the following ten questions and nominate ten blogs that I think deserve the award.
1. Describe yourself in seven words. Compassionate, loyal, trustworthy, discerning, guarded, steady, playful
2. What keeps you up at night? the bird perched outside my window; my twitching dog and snoring husband
3. Whom would you like to be? I’m happy being me
4. What are you wearing now? Tie dyed dress (blue and white) with capri leggings
5. What scares you? Drunk people
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? The best thing is connecting with people you have so much in common with; and there’s nothing bad about blogging that I’ve encountered.
7. What was the last website you looked at? www.amazon.com
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I’d be even more open…or would I? Hmmm…maybe I’d be more decisive.
9. Slankets, yes or no? huh?
10. Tell us something about the person who nominated you. Michele is a hard worker. She’s humble enough to admit her imperfections and strong enough to push through. She loves the Lord.
Bonus Question: What is your testimony for Jesus Christ? I once was lost, sad, empty, hurt, infertile….but then I found Him, He filled me with hope, healed the hurt and allowed me to experience motherhood. God said yes!
So, here are my nominations in no particular order. These blogs are thought provoking and meaty. Please take the time to visit, linger and I trust you will like!!
God bless you as you continue to give honor where honor is due…Him first!